In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. ~ Prov 16:9
This vision page is written with the knowledge that God guides and controls every step we take and every plan we make. As women seeking deeply after God’s own heart, we plan and envision for our organization through prayer, meditation and godly discussion.
Though we plan, we are flexible as God leads us forward.
“A vision is not a dream but a reality that has yet to come into existence.”
Simply put: vision inspires! It is the picture of an all-encompassing goal placed ahead that drives us forward and fuels our passions. A clear vision encourages us to think beyond what is, into what could be.
With this being said, the vision for Women of Worship summed into one statement is:
We desire to gather as one body of Christian women from churches all over our region for the purpose of strengthening our relationships with each other while seeking deeper intimacy with Christ.
Awakening to vision requires faith and an unwavering trust in the Giver of Vision. The vision of Women of Worship is vast and better understood when broken down into segments.
The corporate vision of WOW is to…
- … promote and provide affordable, fun, relevant and life-changing women’s conferences and worship events that support Biblical truth and personal intimacy with Christ. Our goal is to promote 2-3 smaller events and one large event annually.
- …be a local incubator for women speakers and worship leaders.
- … meet regularly for corporate prayer for our families, organization, churches, government, city, state and nation.
- … be a safe place where women can be transparent and get the encouragement and support they need to grow in their Christian walk. We desire to develop into wiser, more compassionate and patient wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, co-workers, ministry leaders and friends.
- … be servant leaders in our organization, churches and community.
The Individual Vision of WOW is to….
- …promote deep, individual spiritual growth through Bible study, prayer, conferences and the fostering of heart to heart relationships with other women.
- …pray individually for our families, organization, churches, government, city, state and nation.
- …broaden the horizons of women, allowing them to think God-sized thoughts, knowing they can make a difference for Christ. Changing a city, state and nation for Christ starts with change in individual hearts
The City-wide Vision of Wow is to…
- …have a heart for our city and an overwhelming desire to see the Lord sweep across our community and quench Her with his Spirit. Jesus weeps over our city (Lk 19:41) and we join with Him in prayer to bring revival and salvation to Her people.
- …be an extension of women’s ministry within our city.
- …work under the authority of, and along side, the leadership of our churches.
- …use the proceeds from conferences and other fundraising events to fund future events, sustain the ministry of WOW and pour back financially into our city to support other non-profit, helping organizations.
- …be the hands and feet of Christ in our community and pool our skills and spiritual gifts to network with other organizations providing help to those in need.
The long-range vision of WOW is to….
- …create a sustainable model for other moderately-sized cities to begin their own chapter of Women of Worship. Cities of 30-75,000 people generally do not have a mega-church to bring in conferences and Christian events. However, if we combine the Christian churches of cities, we become one mega-church able to accomplish much more together than on our own. We desire for the women of cities around the United States and the world to see this vision and have their hearts stirred by God to begin a Women of Worship ministry in their own community.
- …create a network of conference speakers and worship leaders willing to trade services between ministries to provide more opportunities for affordable women’s conferences and retreats.
Though our vision is diverse, lofty and far-reaching, the purpose of Women of Worship is simple: to glorify the Lord as one voice.
“May our dependably steady and warmly personal God develop maturity in you so that you get along with each other as well as Jesus gets along with us all. Then we’ll be a choir—not our voices only, but our very lives singing in harmony in a stunning anthem to the God and Father of our Master Jesus! So reach out and welcome one another to God’s glory.” (Rom 15:5-7 MSG)
The ladies of Women of Worship desire to be a choir, searching our own hearts as we grow in intimacy with Christ and sing of the glory of God with our lives. Carl Jung said, “Your vision will only become clear when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside themselves dreams; who looks inside, awakens.” Carl Jung’s views are often worldly but as Christians we know if we are looking to Christ inside us, we will awaken indeed! We will awaken to abundance, to life as Christ designed it. In our city, we are awakening to abundance on all levels and revival is happening! It is exciting to be part of such a vision.